WHAT?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Famous22

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What in the world is this??? Have never seen this and haven't added any rock in a couple of months. What should I or can I do to get rid of them? Are they harmful to corals? Anemone? Fish? Thank you in advance for the feedback

Attachments

• image-1762317488.jpg
    image-1762317488.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 194
Thanks for the quick reply! Ok just wanted to make sure they wouldn't be doing any damage

Look up some pictures of fireworms to see if it matches. They are a different type of bristle worm but are apparently pretty big nightmares in an aquarium.

I can't really tell from the picture but then again I'm not the best at telling the difference.

I'd leave them if they have been in there with no issues for a while they will feed offs scraps but usually they are a sign of over feeding from what I have heard. Also I believe fireworm are rare to find majority are harmless bristle worms. Still don't pick them up bare handed though

Harmless bristle worms, but as stated, they are a sign of overfeeding if you have a lot of them....and it appears you do. Their populations rise and fall with the available food supply.

Back
Top Bottom