What do I do??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

revhtree

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok all I have a question. The last couple of days I have had the same readings on my water parimaters. What should I do?

Salinity 1022
Nitrite 0
PH 8.2
Ammonia .25
Nitrate 7.0

1 week ago I added a couple of fish. Should I leave it alone, or what?

Thanks All!! :wink:

PS. Check my signature for my fish list.

A water change wouldn't hurt. I always look to a water change if something seems wrongs. You will usually see a light spike in ammonia and nitrite when adding to your bio load so I wouldn't worry too much as long as it's comming down.

I would do a water change probably 20% i would also very slowly raise your salinity to 1.024 or 1.025 i always keep mine at 1.025. That is what i would do.

I would do a water change, especially with the inverts in there, they are particularly sensitive to ammonia and nitrite.

I did a 15% 3 days ago. So another change wouldnt hurt? Can it wait till tomorrow? I dont have enough salt.

So this is normal when adding fish?

Verify the test is correct, do it again and if the results are the same, have the LFS check it as well. I would look to a water change as your first line of defense.

yes pretty normal. I think you should be fine to wait until tom. If it keeps going up then you might want to QT the fish until you get it figured out.

You people are AWESOME!! Thanks for the quick response. If there are anymore comments they would be appreciated. Also, I will be doing a water change asap, and extra testing.

:wink: :wink: Double wink for the help!!

Do you treat the water with any kind of dechorinator? Some of these can mess up the ammonia tests. Just a thought..

I believe the Aquarium pharm SW ammonia is the salicylate test. should be ok...the problem...any water treatments with ammonia or chloramine removers don't really remove the ammonia, they just complex the ammonia into another less toxic compound. The nessler's test reagents break these bonds so that when you test the water it is including the ammonia which your additive has detoxified.

Back
Top Bottom