What size powerhead for 30g tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rhuth

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Reef tank that I have not yet added coral to. Currently have a coral beauty, clown pair, and a royal gramma. Wondering what size powerhead will be acceptable and most effective for this combination.

thanks!!!

You want around 30-60x turn over. And IMO 2 is pretty much ways better than 1. Check out the jaebos w series, I imagine a wp10 or 25 with a korillia on the other side to supplement would work great.

I think those are a bit outside of my price range. Is there a more affordable option?

The koralia powerheads are about your best option and dirt cheap as far as quality powerheads go.

Make sure to get powerheads with magnet mounts. Suction cups are horrible.

And btw. Your tank is too small for the coral beauty. You should rehome it.

you could use aqueon but there garbage (make so much noise) I started with those a few years back , it was a waist of $150. they were the biggest mistake , I wound up replacing them all with koralia's weeks later

Sounds like the koralia is my best bet! Thanks!

you will be glad you did well worth the money you can get them cheaper on line I wouldn't buy them at pet store as there marked up in price
when I used those cheap ones I thought I had a old washing machine running in my living room

I am down to either the Koralia 240 or the Koralia 440. Which do you recommend for a 29g reef tank that will also soon feature a skimmer?

At least 2 of the 440s if you want coral. 2 in the 600 range would be better. I run 2 of the 240s on a 10 and want more flow

I really like my Jebao wp10 which can be had for around $60. Very nice piece of equipment

Korella pumps are quiet, cheap and you can get them anywhere, i have 1 240 in my IM Nuvo 8, have 3 Of the same ones in my 15 gallon and a big 600 in my freshwater just for fun. You can also buy them used, look for a tank breakdown, get at least 2 of them minimum, you can never have too much flow!

I'd say two koralia 425's would be just perfect! One on each side. If you are looking to do high flow corals then I would say get the 550's but the 425's are exactly what i would get. :)

I had the Koralia 600 and didn't get the kind of flow I thought I would and that was in a 20 long reef. Jebao may be more higher but you would be happier getting one of them than a Koralia. I have one WP-25 in a 75 gallon and the power from it is unbelievable. I can feel flow from i ton the other side of the tank. I tried that with the Koralia and only felt flow from about 6-8 inches away from it. You would only need one WP-10 in a 29 gallon. You get a great wave effect in you tank. Since buying it I will never buy anything else.

Back
Top Bottom