Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-15-2005, 11:12 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
With that volume of water it would take a lot to heat up the tank
I see no problem with a degree or 2 drop.
I keep mine at 78-80

quarryshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 10:06 AM   #12
My temp is between 80 - 82F. Lately though, good thing I caught it while I was changing filters, the water came up to like 90F 8O

I pulled the plug on the heater and in the course of 2 days, there was a drastic change from 90F to 85F. I pointed my heater's setting to 75 then monitored the tank temp and the fish. Two more days later, it went down to 80F. Then after two more days, it stayed there at 80F.

So how come heaters would say 75 but it will maintain 80F? My FW tank heater is set at 72F but the temp in the tank is at 79F right now. Is there an arithmetic calculation that I have to consider or something?
Old 08-16-2005, 01:33 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Generally those temp settings on the heaters aren't too accurate. I have one of mine set to 81 and the tank is at 79. One of my other ones is dead nuts on.

My other money pit...er...hobby is a Turbo Saturn.
NateNBeckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 02:56 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
79-84 and at 84 my chiller comes on.

coralife is offline   Reply With Quote

maintain, temperature

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com