whats a good coral to cover my back wall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

classklown90

Aquarium Advice FINatic
what would be a good moderate-low light coral that would attach to my backwall and eventually spread across it? Ive seen ppl do this with mushrooms but that seems to take too long. I like the look though

Green star polyps, definitely the coral to do it with if any.

A nice flowing green carpet on the back wall sounds awesome to me:lol:

+1 for GSP's. They will spread like wild fire if conditions are correct.

That sounds awesome. How would u get them to stick to the wall? Would u attach it straight to the back wall or on a rock near the wall and hope it spreads?

You can also place the initial frag or colony at the rear pane so that it is in contact with the glass, if that is possible. It will enrust all on its own in time.

Xenia grows on there fast. I'm working on putting some plate coral on my overflow boxes.

That's a neat idea wonder if you could glue a mushroom to one of those and get them to cover your back wall

You can glue it right to the glass. Or when it's touching it will grow up the glass, however plate coral takes a while

Does anyone know a good reliable place to get GSP frags? Good prices to

I'd caution against the Xenia for this. Either it will die in your tank because it doesn't like the conditions or thrive that it won't stay just on your back wall, but end up all over your other rock. It is quite a weed in my tank.

Xenia will take over if it likes your tank or it will die no matter how much you try to make it happy it's really weird

yea xenia is too long, I think GSP are best. they are so expensive for such tiny frags though -_-. sorry for the late response. To whoever asked about the mushrooms, yes you can do it with them I just did not want too because of the gaps that would be between them

Back
Top Bottom