whats killin my turbo's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TriggerHappy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I lost a turbo snail a month ago, it was flipped over and the hermits must have eaten him. I found another one yesterday, on it's back, i flippped it back over, but I think he's being eated too now by the shrimp and hermits. Anyone know why they're dyin? The SG is @ 1.024 now, temp 83, ideas?

sometimes they just fall off and before they have a chance to get righted again things jump on and start eating. it happens alot in my tank.

Also maybe listen for snapping, if you have a hungry mantis in there sometimes they are known to rush out and bludgeon a snail and eat the part that sticks out.

i have two turbos and i have to right them almost every day to save them from the crabs they are about the dumbest inhabitants i have in my tank.

Mr.Marine

I wouldn't rule out your hermits predating on them. I removed all of the hermits from my tank after having caught them on a few occasions attacking what appeared to be a healthy snail. It has been my experience that hermits and snails do not mix really well in the long run. But hey, im certainly no expert, but it is something to consider.

Reefer

If they are the large mexican turbo snails, the temp is too high for them. Those prefer a cooler water. They can live in it, but it significantly shortens their lifespan.

Back
Top Bottom