Whats the best colour lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andyden71

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've got two lightning systems ones a T8 with 2 bulbs a pink 1 and a white 1 the other system is a T5 with 2 bulbs both blue in colour the tank is 4ft long x 1ft 10inches deep x 1ft 4inches wide all the bulbs are 42inches long so my question is what are the best colour bulbs and wattage to have in my tank I've got a purple tip nem and a pulsating Xenia and a few tiny polyp just growing fish are 1clown 1blue tang algae blennie 1 bannana wrasse 1 cleaner shrimp (need Afew more) and a blue legged hermit crab (need more)

Looks like you have a 75 gal tank with 2T8 and 2T5. I doubt either the anemone or HIPPO TANG will survive.

I doubt a 4 bulb T5HO would be suitable for an anemone (it's what I have) and T5's are better than T8s. So a 2T5 and 2T8 probably wont cut it. But, if your stuck, I'd go with actinics for the T5s to maximize the light for the anemone, and for the T8s, 1 actinic and 1 white. Loose the pink as they don't help corals survive as much, they are for asthetics.

Your Blue tang in a 55 is in for trouble. A 180 gal is minimum recommended size. Ouch

The blue tang is only about a 1.1/5 bug that min so plenty growning yet if it gets to big and starts getting stressed I will take it bk to the store

You will need better lighting to sustain an anemone. I would consider upgrading to LEDs. If you had 4x or 6x t5ho that may work but not a t8 I am afraid...

Back
Top Bottom