Where to place powerhead?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

duncantse

Aquarium Advice Regular
Any ideas on where to put my powerhead?

Attachments

• 02112011063.jpg
    02112011063.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 231
Personally, i would put it directly across from where you have the other one positioned.

What is the difference then? So I position to the sides and aim it up,down,left, or right? and where should I place it in the tank, uppper side,lower side, or the middle side?

It really does not make a huge difference right now since you really have nothing in the tank. When you have a newer tank which I'm guessing that one is you can just put where you think you may have dead spots in the tank. Once or if you get certain coral or anemones then it will matter. If you want you can just point it up for more gas exchange.

Ooh okay. I guess I was just worried about dead spots. I'll just put it at the back of tank and aim it at the front glass to get some rrandom flow then.

Sounds good, if anything you can always have the flow running on the backside of the rocks since usually that is where you will find some dead spots. Good luck with the tank:hat:

The more ripples across the top of the water makes for some real nice shimmering effects when the lights are on as well as good surface movements.

Back
Top Bottom