which live rock to choose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

which rock do you prefer

• Fiji rock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nano rock

• Lalo rock

• Tonga branch

• Total voters

kcarlson

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Fiji rock,nano,lalo,or tonga branch.
Which rock or rocks is best for a new setup
on a 55 tank.Should i stick with 1 or more.
Which ones.I will be using at least 50 pounds.
What are you guys using.

My personal experience led me to vote for fiji rock because All the pieces i have seen and used are the most pourus, and lighter in weight for bigger pieces than anyother. You might want a little more than 50 pounds. It's good but, more is better from what i heard. I have about 24 lbs in my 12 gallon.

I like Fiji Rock the best, but I hear they take it live from the reefs over there. :cry: I think the best thing is for us to do is to keep the existing reefs in tact.

For that reason alone, my next order will be from LR.com.

I personaly like the mix of differt types of rock. I have Keys/ Gulf rock from LR.com, Fiji, and alittle tonga branch.

I agree with boardsurfer that its better to save a reef than destroy it, thats why I prefer the aquacultured live rock like the stuff from LR.com. To bad they have to shut down for a year or two because of the hurricanes here in florida, their new facility was amazing.

Oh god is liverocks.com our for a year or two? I was holding off my next order a few months hoping they could get up and running.
Really sorry to hear that for a company that get so much praise around here.

None. I am a fan of aquacultured LR. I know liverocks.com is down for a bit but there has to be a company out there still selling it. A LFS by me is still getting their aquacultured "Carribean" LR in and they refuse to tell me the source. It looks very similar to the Keys rock from liverocks.com. Last time I was in there they asked me if I wanted a part-time job working for them. I half tempted just to get the LR info out of them.

Back
Top Bottom