Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-24-2004, 10:05 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via AIM to mrrrkva
I would say that 1 would be pushing your limits on a 72 gallon, feel free to disagree. I think the lighter bioload you have in your tank the better. But tangs do need alot of swimming room. I would definately not go beyond 2. They could do fine in large numbers than suddenly your tank parameters get out of whack, they stress out and become ick hosts. Generally speaking when putting more than 1 tang in the tank, I would get differnt shape tangs

Check out my webpage!!!! Click on marine life!

mrrrkva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 03:17 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak
Yellow Tangs are schooling fish which I heard that they need to be in odd numbers & that the tank should be at least 150g, no shorter than 6 feet in length. As a side note, I stopped by my LFS on Sunday & this was a site to see, estimated 250 yellow tangs in a 240g tank @ $14.99 a piece. It was mesmerizing, wall to wall YTs and not one casualty at the bottom of the tank.
As I poked around for an hour, store manager tells one of the employees to write up & pack 100 YTs for a customer. Can you imagine someone buying 100 YTs! I hope the guy does not think he can keep 100 YTs because he saw double that amount in the store tank.

pecan2phat is offline   Reply With Quote

tan, tang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com