whtas that smell?!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ohio reefer

Aquarium Advice Freak
when i walk into the room where the aquarium it stinks!! smells like you walked right by the ocean. it's not a rotting smell. it just smells like fresh live rock, but the whole room smells like it!

any ideas other than getting some plug-ins!

thanks

mark

Darnit this thread is gonna have that skynard song in my head all day now...... Whiskey bottle, brand new car, oak tree in my way..... Ohhhh that small ... can't ya smell that smell. Ahhhhh LoL :)

Serously though yes run some GAC just like reef said.

Ahhhhhhhh Serously I am just singing away as I type now... LOL Ohhhh that smell..

Doan

Do you have any hairy shrooms? When the ones I used to have got stressed they literally stunk up the entire downstairs to the point that I was running 20 oz of GAC with no effect. My wife couldn't do laundry so I had to take them to the LFS for a big loss. And BTW, I WOULDN'T have had that skynard song stuck in my head all day if you hadn't mentioned it Doan LoL however im already sitting here singing it. Take care!

Hi Mark,
Can I ask how long your tank has been up? Did you cure your rock in the house, where the tank is now, or in the garage?

the tank is 6 weeks old i got the live rock from liverocks.com so it needed little (if any) curing.

i put some GAC it is helping a little

no hairy srooms

Back
Top Bottom