working all night on my two tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
right now i am building this overflow to connect my other tank to the same sump

Hey, just FYI this has advantages and disadvantages. For instance, larger water volume, and all of the attached benefits. However, if a disease breakout occurs both tanks will be affected... and then you'll have to medicate both tanks (unless you have a QT/hospital tank, which I hope you do).

I don't have all the answers but I bet somebody else does. But everything that affects one tank (a heater breaks, or a filter goes out) affects the other.

He has a point, but it goes both ways. If youQT then u shouldnt introduce anything into the tanks. But if you have a water quality problem in one the larger total voume will keep it from getting out of hand while you fix the problem. More water=more stability

I have thought about all that and i have talked to alot of people on the site about it and right now in my mind the disadvantages or out weighed by the advantages i just now finished the overflow it has water running through it outside through a garden hose now will let it do that for a little bit to get all the glue fumes out i will taste some water from it later lol no fish water yet lol :) but taste some water to see if i taste glue like you would if you repaird a water line in home. glue says potable water on it i used this same bottle on the last overflow i built and it worked great. as for diseases in my tank i never have had any i select healthy looking fish from a lfs and acclimate them to the best of my ability. As for equipment i have a heater for my 55 and 29 plus two small heaters as backups in the system. the 29 gal will keep all of its hob filters and its heater in tank in case pump fails.

Back
Top Bottom