would anyone not do this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't click on the link. But I used a tote with shoe bins before. Cheap and easy and it works just like a 400$ sump!!

This will work for a salt water application but you wouldn't want to use those dish scrubbers in a reef setup due to the fact that they will trap a lot of detritus and cause nitrate issues. He should probably put some filter floss in that drip tray and change that out regularly, to keep the pot scrubbers as clean as possible.

what would?

ok that makes sence what would u use inplace of the pot scrubers?

You could use them, but they will need to be cleaned on a regular basis to avoid the nutrient build up.

ok

thanks for your help im gona try this, i will be slowly putting a tank together over the next frew weeks. i want to start this first. ill be doing a 30g-40g breeder tank with coral. and eventuly a dwarf lion fish down the road.

A dwarf lion is not good even in a 40. They get about 5-6" ....."dwarf" is just smaller than the volitan. Also, if you are keeping coral, I would not use those scrubbers at all. I would probably use live rock as my filter, along with a skimmer and maybe a filter sock. You could still use the cheap tub if you like, but you are going to need an auto top off to keep the water level constant, or instead of cutting the bottom of the bucket off, use the bucket whole, and let it overflow into the tub. You can put your skimmer inside the bucket and the water level will remain constant.

Back
Top Bottom