Would It be safe to Quarantine an anemone ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MARLANDO

Aquarium Advice Regular
Would It be safe to Quarantine an anemone along with other fish
in the Q-Tank while treating them with a copper med?

Are you kidding? Have you read anything about anemones?

Inverts, which is the category that anemones belong to, are extremely intolerant of ANY copper related products or medications. It's going to do die if you do what you just said.

By the way.. why are you treating "other fish" with copper meds? Do they have ich or some sort of disease?

+1 Kevin.

What is your lighting?

IMO you should return the anemone. These creatures belong in the ocean where they will live for a long time (30+ years). Not in a tank where under good conditions they will probably die within 5 years.

Inverts, which is the category that anemones belong to, are extremely intolerant of ANY copper related products or medications. It's going to do die if you do what you just said.

By the way.. why are you treating "other fish" with copper meds? Do they have ich or some sort of disease?

I'm ashamed ! :(:(:(:(:(

yes the "ich" is happening

It is wise to research before making any purchases in this hobby. Take the time to talk with people on this site and do a quick google search of the animals you are interested in.

Don't be ashamed. You didn't do it yet.... did you? lol hope not.

Btw, your tank looks awesome. Nice pictures.

Dont feel bad. Everyone wants to have the stereo typical tank (nems, nemos, etc). And the lfs make you think you can do it all. We all want all your critters to live and be happy. Luckily you asked. Most people kill and move on. I have a lot of respect for fish and appreciate you asking and being honest. Everyone here has made mistakes. Its when you dont learn from them that you should be ashamed. Good luck.

I personally would not QT the anenome even if copper is not involved.. It will get stuck on the glass and you would probably tear the foot getting it out and then there is no hope.

A rare breed of person asks a question (even if in hindsight its really stupid) and when they get an answer they don't like, don't go all "you guys are all big jerks and i hate you and im gonna do whatever i want anyway"
Kudos to you sir. The best thing to do in this hobby is ask questions, then sit, listen and learn.
I agree with Cmor, but the unfortunate reality is people will never stop wanting these creatures, so if somewhere down the line you decide to get one again, make sure you know where your LFS gets their stock, and get one that has been aquacultured, or fragged from a fellow hobbyist to be a sustainable reefer.

I agree with Jim. We are glad to have you hear. Keep asking questions. That's how we learn. It usually works for me too <g>

Back
Top Bottom