wrasse compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

piggybank2005

Aquarium Advice Activist
aside from having a large tank and a mated pair, is there a way or is it possible to mix different speices of wrasse in one tank?

have any species in mind or is this as a whole? a very broad question, the only possible way as most introductions of two of the same species may be introducing at the same time..?

yes i do have specific species in mind but also would like to know the general rules of thumb.

i am pondering the possibility of adding 1-4 of the following

Cirrhilabrus solorensis
Cirrhilabrus cyanopleura
Cirrhilabrus exquisitus
Cirrhilabrus lineatus
Cirrhilabrus laboutei
Cirrhilabrus rubrisquamis
Cirrhilabrus scottorum
Cirrhilabrus lyukyuensis
Paracheilinus carpenteri

My vote goes for the carpenter and you can add two at the same time of these species (preferably male and female).

a mated pair usually has no troubles being introduced..

i'd check out the exquisite wrasse..

but if your willing to throw a little money around.. harlequin tuskfish.. a beautiful wrasse.. he's an aussie fellow though so the $$ might be quite high in the U.S.

around here you get them for about 45-50. Beautiful fish, well wrth the money!!!. They have one at the lfs right now that has about 1/4" teeth!!! OUCH!!

i second that...its pretty much the same with most wrasses. approach with caution.. but you just gotta love the harlequin's electric blue teeth..!! a wicked fish.. i'd seriously have a look at one at ur local lfs if in stock!!

Back
Top Bottom