Filter impeller

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LisaZw

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I use a Hydor 350 for my yellow bellied slider tank. I need a new impeller but i found out the Hydor company was sold and no longer makes them. I searched for this impeller alot, even abroad and could mot find one. Is there a way to find out if my impeller is compatible with impellers in another type of filter? Any advice will be much appreciated!

I use a Hydor 350 for my yellow bellied slider tank. I need a new impeller but i found out the Hydor company was sold and no longer makes them. I searched for this impeller alot, even abroad and could mot find one. Is there a way to find out if my impeller is compatible with impellers in another type of filter? Any advice will be much appreciated!
Do a google search for your part number and description and look for places like Ebay that may have them in stock. You can also contact Hydor ( or the company that bought them) and ask them about compatible impellers. (y)

Thank you for the reply. I did search ebay and the new company that owns Hydor doesn’t seem to make canister filters anymore. I’m going to dpuble check myself on that. Thx!

Thank you for the reply. I did search ebay and the new company that owns Hydor doesn’t seem to make canister filters anymore. I’m going to dpuble check myself on that. Thx!
I have some very old equipment that you can't get parts for anymore and when I went to my buddy's shop that I swear to you had more parts for more things than the manufacturers even did, this is what he told me: " For crying out loud, buy something new already!!!! " :facepalm::facepalm: :lol: Unless you can repair it yourself ( which is what I do for most things), you may need to do that. :whistle:

Take the motor and old impeller to a pet shop and see if they can match it to one they have. Then try it in the shop.

Before you do that, what part of the impeller is broken?
If the plastic blades spin around the magnet and don't stop, super glue the blades to the magnet and see if it works. Just use normal super glue (cyanoacrylate).

If the impeller shaft is broken, look for a stainless steel or ceramic shaft that is the same length and width.

Back
Top Bottom