ZeoVit Opinions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jimbo7

Aquarium Advice Addict
I know there is a large percentage of people here who prefer to run as "natural" of tanks as they can, which is what I usually do. But I'm looking for opinions on Zeovit, its a fairly complicated, and expensive, additive system that is largely popular overseas. Most of the tanks running the Zeovit system are just outstanding.

I'm thinking of buying their "Nano Pack" for my 12 project/experiment, because I have limited sump/refugium space for a DSB and macro garden.

Does anyone here run a Zeovit system?
Although it may not follow your ideals or methodology, what are some opinions out there?

Some reading:
http://www.zeovitusa.com/zeovit_concept.doc
Photo Gallery :: ZEOvit USA

I think when getting into lots of additives its just more risk of screwing things up. With the zeovit, from what I recall, you need to run a ULNS which can be challenging. Plus you need to keep your ALK pretty low, which I don't particularly like to do. I prefer to do the high import high export method for now. Which basically means feed the tank a lot and then export nutrients with frequent pwc and over skimming. I also run GFO/GAC to lower Phosphate etc. This method has worked for me and I do not have a DSB or any refugium or macro algae whatsoever.

I have also wondered about this stuff. Find what the ingredients are and then test your water. I have every test kit I could buy just to find out what I was dealing with. If you do pwc (which I know you do) then you have everything you need. But test and see.

Yea, it's something i'm thinking about. I need to do more research on exactly what maintaining an ULNS entails, and why its better.

Back
Top Bottom