Zer0's 25G Rimless Cube Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alright cool.. at least it's good to know i can just switch over. Think i'll be going with that Seachem Reef Salt! ;)

When you switch salt after you have corals in the tank, start with smaller PWCs (but more often) to guage the reaction. I've heard storeis where polyps would not extend for days after a PWC with a new salt.
Before you have corals, just go for it.

Yeah that's what i'm thinking.. better now while there's no coral. Less money to be lost if the coral don't react well to the change.

Just trying to keep track of my parameters so far..

Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate: 0-5ppm
pH: 8.2
Phosphate: 0ppm
SG: 1.024

Nothing worth updating for with pictures guys, sorry. But soon i will be adding more stuff to the tank since i finally got a job! And it pays $8/hour! I start next week so i'm pretty syked. Will finally be able to buy a few corals here and there. Sweet.

AND, i no longer worry about my little Mr. Goby.. even though he's super boring. He usually just sites in the corners of my tank and does, absolutely nothing. But that's ok.. i wasn't looking for anything spectacular. Maybe he'll start to explore more when i fill my tank with SPS and LPS. He eats now a lot.. i see him chase down food all the time and then retreat back to his little cave. So.. all is well and healthy and happy in my tank. And my sandbed is still surprisingly white :D

Zero, do you keep track of your water parameters in a journal ?? I found it pretty easy to create a microsoft excel spreadsheet so I can date and record my readings. Also added a Stocklist MS word document that I can track what I put in my tank (livestock and date I put them in). You can always back up your data on a flashdrive if your worried about your comp. crashing.

I know its alittle off topic, but I noticed you said you were "trying to keep track" of your params. HTH

Yeah i could just do that.. but this is sortof a one step thing for me. I'm on this board pretty often.. so whenever i get the chance i just record my params once in a while. Besides.. my main PC is broken right now. I'll be fixing it next week. Also.. i don't actually care enough to make a list and keep track of my parameters.. I just test the water every so often lol.

Oh snap! Wayne i forgot about that list i was supposed to make.. :( My bad.. i've been really busy lately with tons of job interviews lol, but i finally got a job so i will make that list for you tomorrow. I promise.

Kev you do realise that now you have a job your not gonna stop spending on your tank?!? :lol:

Yeah actually.. that's going to be a big problem lol. Now that i'm getting paid i already have all these things planned out of what i want to buy for the tank lol.

lol, that reminds me of me this morning. Woke up and my first thought was, "It's payday! What am I doing to buy first?". mawhahaha
Think I'm gonna go with a sump for my 29g :)

Well Kevin, now that your a contributing member to society and not longer a starving collecge student, I feel obligated to charge you for that macro, etc. :p

Back
Top Bottom