Road Trip to the NY Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Allivymar

Aquarium Advice Addict
Howdy folks!

Was talking to madasa the other day; I had just gotten back from the NY Aquarium. I know nejsux suggested this a while back, but there's a lot more folks in this forum, and we figured maybe it was time to talk about an AquariumAdvice road trip to the Aquarium.

I'm thinking a weekend the end of Sept/beginning of Oct (earlier is tough for me as I'm back to work next week. Feh. School starts). If anyone has any specific dates that work well for em, post them here. I'll try to organise something :)

I think this is a great idea! The first week in October, Daniel and I have a wedding to go to in upstate NY, so that date would not work for us.

Anyone else?

I wonder if its possible to send a group PM? I know some of the NY/NJ folk don't always check here..might be an easier way to see if they're interested. Anyone know if its possible?

Yeah, I haven't checked this forum for a while now! I'm still up for the trip, and any weekend is good for me. Sats and Suns are always open.

Thanks, AlliV!

Ooh, ooh. And you spelled "Organize" the English way--"Organise"--I feel right at home. I grew up there, and parents still have the accent (American school system pummeled it out of me).

*grins*

Hubby's a brit madasa. He's slowly ruining my American spelling skills, although I've managed to keep the "u" out of "or" words like honor and color LOL

So, um. Urg. Not many ppl have shown interest yet. Have you tried PMing ppl since I really don't think ppl check this forum much... If you want me to join the effort and PM a few ppl, I'd be happy to oblige.

He he. Very funny. The Brit sensibility really starts to creep in, and before you know it your using long "A"s in words like "fast" and "plaster" and driving on the left side of the road. Oh, and if your using the word "plaster" to describe bandaids in the first place, you're already infected with Brit-itis!

OK, apparently no one else reads the regional forum regularly LOL

I'm thinking last week in Sept; that work for you guys? I'm trying to find out if I can do a group PM to the rest of the folks. If Sept 27 works for you guys, I'll just ask if anyone else wants to join us that Saturday. And if I can't do a group PM then yeah madasa, a hand PM them individually would be great :)

Heh, and as for Brit-isms, I haved picked up a few. Use arse regularly LOL and I haved called a few people gits ;) I do call a car hood a HOOD tho, and a trunk a TRUNK (bonnet and boot? Whats with the clothing references LOL). I do avoid calling the fanny packs "fanny packs" tho and I think no American should say bollocks cause it just doesn't sounds right coming from one of us LOL

Its right next to Coney Island in Brooklyn on Surf Avenue. Sorta the last stop on the trains LOL

Back
Top Bottom