Welcome!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey everyone,

Im living in Burlington, Vt and just thought id stop by to say hello. Ive got a 7 gal minibow reef right now. See you guys around

Hello,

I live in Salem NH. I've got a 20 gallon FW with Tiger and Cherry Barbs... a small goldfish tank and an empty 55 gallon (not for long!).

Hey Christie, I used to live in Waltham. It's funny how you find people that lived right down the street from you!

Hi Everybody,

I live in Melrose MA. I absolutely love AA. I was psyched to see a New England Forum. I currently have a 30 gal. with 11 Tiger Barbs, 1 Raphael Catfish, 5 Otto's, PFS, and planted. I have been in the hobby since I was a kid. I am now 22 and I am a full time student at Umass Boston and I work full time as an EMT. I am setting up a soon to be Reef Aquarium in August. Hopefully we can get more people in the New England Forum.

Mike

Hello fellow New Englanders!

My name is Liz and I live in Somerville, MA. I have 3 tanks going at the moment:

- a 55 gallon tank with tetras, cories and a few others
- a 10 gallon QT tank with a platy, 3 ottos and 2 cories
- a 2 gallon betta tank

I thought it would be great to get to know some people in my area. I've really been enjoying this forum -- what a great group of friend and knowledgeable folks!

Hi Liz...Welcome!!

I am glad to see some new members taking interest lately. I am from Medford and I moved out about 4 years ago after high school. I now have a condo in Melrose.

Where do you usually shop for fish?

Any questions about anything feel free to PM me.'

I am from manchester NH,

I go to all the stores around... Petco, Petland, AquaAddicts in Salem, AquariumGallery in Hudson, Little shop of Pets in portsmouth... not too impressed with their livestock..., SeaWorld

I like fish what can I say!

Welcome Sabbot!,

How is AquaAddicts for saltwater? I was under the impression that it was good, however it is a far drive for me.

Mike469 said:
Where do you usually shop for fish?

Surprisingly, I've had great luck at the Petsmart in Everett. Of course, their selection isn't the best, but I was very pleased to see they had rubberlip plecos. Overall, I'm really happy with the health of the fish there.

I would definitely love to find a nearby place with a better selection of tank decor though. I'll have to read through the other posts in here to see if there are any recommendations on that.

fish

Actually, for fresh water fish, I do like Petsmart in Everett. I still have a few I got there a while ago. They are not bad at all.

I have some differences with one of the employees but the selection is decent. I would just inspect the tanks you buy from.

Good spot in Boston

I go to Skipton's in Boston near Boston Medical Center. Have had good advice from the staff there especially Eric and the coolest coiffed aquarist Michelle.

I have a 40 gal fresh with 3 Butterfly Koi, 3 to 4in, a Senegal Bichir 6 in. and a large L-109 Pleco 7 inches.

Also a 15 gallon high with a Red-finned Shark 5 in and 7 years old!
And a bunch of Zebra Danios (7), and a small pleco..

Been to Petco in Braintree, got treated like crap, still bought some Danios.

Back
Top Bottom