Will there be any future GCAS meetings?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good question and thanks for posting the question.

GCAS is on winter recess right now and the next meeting will be on March 7th. Historically, this meeting is the quintessential meeting as far as the auctions are concerned. Members whose fish have been breeding steadily over the winter will be bringing them in by the pound. :)

It would be nice if we all could make this meeting. I really would like to get to meet the AA members from the city that I have yet to meet.

I'm hoping to make the March meeting. I haven't been able to make one since May because I've been having to stay late at work every Wednesday for one thing or another.

Considering I live a whopping 5 minutes from the Botanical Garden I think I could find the time to attend. I'd love to meet some of the folks who have helped me with my tanks.

Definitely looking forward to meeting you Jchillin. You've given me some great advice over the past few months. You were the one that put me on to Charlie (Lowcoaster) for a plant source.

Sadly I will be missing the first meeting of 07. Tara and I are off to fid some warmer weather.

LOL. Well yes. Would you believe she is fast becoming a very good golfer? She can hit as far as most men can.

:lol: Yes maxwell. I prefer golf to discus. It's more of a challenge.

Sad Note: In conversation with Charley (lowcoaster), I found he will not be returning as a GCAS member this year.

Attachments

• feb7_016_360.jpg
    feb7_016_360.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 38
BrianNY said:
Sad Note: In conversation with Charley (lowcoaster), I found he will not be returning as a GCAS member this year.

:shock: This is indeed sad news. I'll have to talk to him about this unfortunate turn of events. He will be missed I am sure.

PS - Who is the young man in the pic Brian? Is he an aquarist as well? LOL

Great! Rich311k made the meeting as well. The auction was better than expected too. I grabbed 5 wild strain German Blue Rams for the unbelivable price of $8.00. There was some unusual bidding though...some folks bid up to $15 for bags of hornwort, frogbit and ramshorn snails.

The guest speaker gave a discertation on CO2 in the planted tank. Pretty basic stuff IMO.

The 15 dollar bucket of snails was the best. If I would have kept my hand up for 1 more minutes I could have had those rainbows.

Ah well, next time.

sigh. I'm sorry I missed it. You're lucky I wasn't there Bill. The rams would have have cost you more. LOL. Did Andy show up?

We need to program another Chinese food extravaganza.

Back
Top Bottom