45Gal Tall for sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfreek

Aquarium Advice Addict
Im needing to free up some space in the basement. I have a 45 gal tall tank for sale. The sale includes the stand and my homebuilt hood with 1 96W PC ballast and bulb as well as two 13W PC ballasts and bulbs. Each include reflectors. The 96W bulb is basicly brand new. I got the bulb and a few weeks later tore the tank down. Very few hours of acutal burn time.

Anyone interested can contact me about comming by to see the tank if you wish. Its been dry for about 8 months now.

Asking $250.00

How did you have the tank set up? Saltwater or fresh? Im curious how difficult it was to aquascape it with those dimensions. Its quite tall and not real deep, so youd have to be creative with the liverock I would think. Do you have any pictures when it was setup?

I got the tank used from my brother in law. He had a simple FW setup with some goldfish, etc. I had it setup as a SW tank. Thats why I have the 96W PC bulb over it and the two 13W PC's.

Aquascaping was a little challenging and I had to conceed to put the rock aganst the back glass. I did leave swimming channels for the fish to go behind the rock.

Here are pics of the 45 when it was setup.

http://www.vafishfreek.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=45Gal

The extra PH's in the tank are there because this system was not setup with a sump or external filtration of any kind.

That would make a great planted tank project! The extra height would be great for my taller plants. I can't make a commitment just yet, but I'll check with you again soon and see if it is still available. I have one priority project I need to finish first in the next month before I get in over my head! Thanks for the pics.

I have the same tank and it is a reef tank. Medium sized rocks well serve you well. What is great about the tall tank is that you can have a variety of corals depending on light needs. I have a 250 watt mh and 130 watts in pc(actinics). If I was to do it over thought I would get 2 150s or 2 175 mh. Again, its a great size tank

Do you find the single MH casts a shadow due to the center brace? Thats why Im thinking you woudl do double MH's next time.

It is a nice 'show' tank because its tall. You dont have to get down on your knees to view the tank like alot of the long and low tanks.

Bump. I still have the tank. I will be putting it in the local trader paper soon if no one is interested. Its so sad to see it here empty for so long.

Still here. Nocking the price down to $150. Its starting to take up space that I could use.

Back
Top Bottom