Local Breeders?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neilanh

Sliced Bread
I'm interested in picking up a pair of GBRs in the near future. Everything I've read recommends getting them from a local breeder.

Are there any in the area?

Sorry, Neilanh. I don't know of any local breeders. You might want to check out WAMAS (Washington Area Marine Aquarium Society) since you are in Northern VA.

http://www.wamas.org/

There is also one in the Shenandoah Valley I think, but I dunno what it's called.

Thanks Again!

I'll see what I can find. I'm wanting a pair of GBRs for my planted tank if I ever get that off the ground.

Yeah, sorry can't help ya more. There aren't many breeders around here, least not that I know of (or apparently anyone else knows of, lol).

I bought my GBR's from a LFS in Randallstown and they looked perfectly healthy, but they got ich. :(

Anyways, good luck!

Hey Neil, PM karlseith, he is not too far from you and might know of a few places. Maybe you can check with the LFS in Sterling/Ashburn...not sure which "city" but you know, Fins and Feathers. Also, there used to ba a big LFS in Alexandria, check to see if either can recomend a place or see if they have a bulliten board......

I talked to the Fins n Feathers people. He said he knew of noone local and could order them in, tank bred, from Florida for me.

I've been thinking about "branching out" into reston/alexandria LFSs and seeing what I could find.

Back
Top Bottom