Where is the best place to get corals around here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

schulze

Aquarium Advice Regular
I live in Harrisonburg and find the corals for sale around here to be kind of crazy. The stores don’t supply the corals with adequate light so i am often skeptical as to whether corals are "closed up" or near death. I could drive to NOVA and look at quality frags for as low as $5, where as here I feel like im forced to play 4x as much for the same thing.

Are there any stores around here that sell corals for good prices that they might raise themselves, showing the health of the corals?

We are actually doing a trip to two of the LFSs in Va. Mike (melosu58) is possibly coming up from Richmond.
Here is a store that was posted in a thread. There seemd to be a real interest in folks going and temp plans are for next Sat. March 17th.
Anyone else want to meet up or meet down there?

5003 Sudley Road Catharpin, VA 20143
Shop Hours: Thursday 10-8 -- Friday 10-8 -- Saturday 10-6 -- Sunday 10-5
Phone/Fax: 703-753-7566

and here is their website:
http://www.blueribbonkoi.com/

LOL That is actually the place i was referring to in my post. Im cheap and like to hit up the $5-$10 section. I was planning a trip myself there for friday. Thier huge tank is amazing. I was just hoping someone closer than 1.5 hrs grew frags like that too.

But hey, if u buy 2-3 frags you can pay for your gas in the savings u get compared to the LFS around here :D . Not to mention what i think is a safer investment for your tank.

I find that the best stores are in Richmond: Fish World on Busy Street off of 60 and Atlantis off of 6 (Patterson Road) near Short Pump Road. PM me for directions. They both are well worth the trip. Atlantis has frags. Fish World is more expensive and sells only whole pieces.

Actually, a few of us are heading to the Richmond Area on the 28th of this month. We will be meeting up with Mike, you are more than welcom to come along. You can read up on the trip in the WV/MD regional forum.

I can't post on that forum, but I am interested in a trip to Richmond. However, there is a good chance I will go to a meeting in Miami and may take my dive gear and head to Key Largo for that weekend. Please keep me posted and I will try and watch the other forum.

Back
Top Bottom