Arkansas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The little rock zoo has come a long way...they have been redoing a lot of their displays and yes it is small compared to the san deigo zoo and such but it is still nice :) As far as I know arkansas does not have any aquariums

Have u visited north side aquatics. It's the closest they will get to an aquarium. It's the local fish shop.

The little rock zoo has come a long way...they have been redoing a lot of their displays and yes it is small compared to the san deigo zoo and such but it is still nice :) As far as I know arkansas does not have any aquariums

It was enjoyable, but they were working on some of the enclosures while we were there and they didn't have some of the places and quite a few animals were not on display. I would like to go back in a few months when they are done working. It also looked like they are working on a whole new section.

I'm in Little Rock, new to the site. I joined because I have a 13" sailfin plecostomus I'd like to find a new home for. My tank is too small for him/her. Message me if you are interested in giving this guy/gal a new home.

I'm from Northwest Arkansas. Anyone been to Worlds Underwater in Fayetteville?

Hi Khuli.
I live in Fort Smith and I've drove up to WUW several times. Nice shop. Have they finished moving to their new building yet? What did you think of their mascot huge clown loach?
OS.

I actually haven't visited it yet, I'm planning to this weekend. Just wanted to know what people think about the shop and what kinds of fish they carry. I tried looking on their website but strangely the section that should describe what fish species they carry is in Latin... Google translate couldn't even make sense of it.

I think you'll like it. They seem very knowlegable and seem to have good healthy stock. They're higher priced than the box stores. Yes, their website is a mystery. OS.

Finally visited Worlds Underwater :) it's a little smaller than I imagined but a great store none the less! I didn't see a clown loach mascot OS, but yes it appears as if they are all settled in their new location in Johnson. Although my GPS thought otherwise and kept trying to take me to the old location!
Anyway, I was very impressed with their fish. They had some beautiful corals and SW fish, but I'm a FW girl. I loved that they had some of the harder to find nano fish like ember tetras and furcata rainbows:) the employee I spoke with was very friendly and told me all about his photography of the fish he does for their Facebook page. I came home with an awesome piece of spider driftwood that was $10, a beautiful iridescent teal blue crowntail plakat beta (all their betas were kept in the tanks with fish, not cups), and 2 of the most colorful endlers I have ever seen ($5 each). Here's a picture of the driftwood. I love how natural it looks:)
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391925777.101540.jpg
I had a great experience at this store and I would recommend it to anyone!

Yes, definitely do! It's my favorite LFS in the Midwest (I was raised in Kansas City but went to college in AR).
Still have my beta and 2 endlers from them:) and I've recently gotten into saltwater as well and have visited them to get some beautiful corals.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom