Panda Catfish in a 10 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubblewrap

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, so i have a ten gallon tank with a betta fish, 3 shrimp, snail and a panda catfish. I know my tank is over stocked but I keep a close eye on everyone. The catfish is chill no issues with it being the only one of its kind. My betta fish facebook page I am on are freaking out because he is in there. So I am asking yall should I rehome him? I monitor him closlsy. He has been in there since August he had a buddy but the buddy died. If I thought he was indanger or unhappy I would rehome in a heartbeat.

Bettas and corys are considered to be safe tankmates, as far as any fish are considered safe to be kept with bettas. At any moment that tranquility could change though. Who knows what will happen tomorrow, next week or next year. Your betta could at any moment decide he doesnt want company.

Its your tank and your fish. If you are happy with the risk its yours to take. There might never be an issue, it might kick off tomorrow.

Your tank isnt overstocked, but corys are normally happier and healthier in bigger groups, and 10g wouldnt support a group of panda cory. In my experience panda corys are very active, exploring their environment and playfully swimming around with each other. Being chill isnt how i would describe their normal behaviour.

Last edited:
Ok. I have decided to keep him. Can you please tell me signs he would exhibit where I would need to rehome him?

Back
Top Bottom