Hey NCers!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rubysoho

Aquarium Advice Addict
Soooo, I've seen a bunch of people from NC lately and just had the idea that maybe we could all take an AA trip. I know everyone is busy, but perhaps there is a nice aquarium trip or fish auction or SOMETHING we could do on a weekend this fall. What do you all think??

There is going to be come sort of aquarium in Roanoke Rapids at the site of a planned entertainment complex ala Dolly Partin's brother, but that's a ways off. I generally don't have time for most gatherings although for the last two years I make a point to make it to the Raleigh Aquarium Society Workshop and auction the last weekend in February. It's really a great event! Collecting on Friday (I haven't attended that), speakers/presentations on Saturday (great!), and the big auction on Sunday (HUGE). As I drove home from the auction this past February, I was thinking to myself what a shame I had to wait another year to do it again :(

hmmm... maybe that would be a good thing to do?? And since it isn't for a good while, people could possibly plan it into their schedules??

I think that's a great idea! I am definately going to make plans to attend next February! As far as getting together to do something this fall, I am game... any ideas?

well first of all, lets get some ideas rolling. I suggest we try meeting in the middle of the state for starters if there is something to do because then it will be almost equal for all of us not in the raleigh/greensboro/durham area. (and if anyone wants to swing by Boone to pick me up so I don't have to drive, I'll split gas :mrgreen: j/k, I'm too far out in the wild)

lol, well not to cramp anyones style, but if I were to come (( which I would absolutely love! )) in the fall it would most likely have to be in Raleigh. I don't see my mother being to happy to transport me to another city for me to meet internet people :roll:

Rach101 said:
<snip>I don't see my mother being to happy to transport me to another city for me to meet internet people :roll:
:lol: Especially with the price of gas these days! I think we need to do a little research and find out what is going on that we could get together for. I will do some checking and see what I can find, and those of you interested please do the same and we will compare notes and see if we can get something together. This is going to be fun!

totally understand, Rach!

Macmommy, I'll keep an eye out for stuff to do as well. Anyone that finds something they think would be fun for all of us to do, please post it :D

Macmommy said:
I think that's a great idea! I am definately going to make plans to attend next February! As far as getting together to do something this fall, I am game... any ideas?

Hey MacMommy :wave:

Dave from Winston-Salem here :)

Thx,

Dave

Back
Top Bottom