Louisiana? Cichlids? :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LaCichlids318

Aquarium Advice Regular
Looking for some people in mid to north louisiana area, im around the monroe area. Mainly fellow cichlid folks :), but my dad also has a tank so anyone from louisiana what do you raise or have? :D

Dang I hit send too early... I keep only natives. I have 3 longear sunfish, a red spotted sunfish, a largemouth bass, and 6 green sunfish babies around 1inch long, oh and 2 mud catfish!

No cichlids at the moment but I am in Louisiana. Hammond to be exact. Went to high school a bit further north, in Natchitoches. I breed bettas and marbled crays and I also have a saltwater green spotted puffer tank.

Thats awesome, i wanted to try a native tank but my brim werent smart enuff to eat the food lol.

I bet your puffer tank is pretty, theyre so funny lookin.

My tank is mainly malawi cichlids, i got a few convivts in there to.

Haha I have thought about having cichlids but ended up with more sunfish instead. Aw dang I always gave them any kinds of worms at first to get them started eating.

I'm in Louisiana. I go to school at NSU. I'm about to start the cycling process soon and I read that you could get rocks or filter media from an established tank to help the process some. Is anyone near me that would be willing to help me out?

I'm in Louisiana. I go to school at NSU. I'm about to start the cycling process soon and I read that you could get rocks or filter media from an established tank to help the process some. Is anyone near me that would be willing to help me out?

NSU? Awesome. I finished high school at LSMSA, on your campus!

Hey folks. I search Google for Louisiana cichlids to try to find some locals in the hobby and found this thread. Just joined up. I keep a variety of african cichlids. I'm in Shreveport.

Back
Top Bottom