"The GATHERING"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bernie

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just thought I'd get this out there now, so anyone interested can make plans.

Approx. every 3 months my store hosts a "regional" get-together where
hobbyists from all over come to meet, exchange ideas, stories, fish, etc!!

A very informal affair that usually runs all-day (9am to 8pm); refreshments are available, etc. (you're welcome to bring any of your
own favorites as well). We've done 3 or 4?? so far with growing numbers
each time. (Something we started over at FishGeeks).

We get folks from as far away as Ohio, Illinois, Virginia as well!! So
spread the word.

Many bring fish and/or supplies to trade out, etc. (P.S. I usually buy
up any leftovers..teehee!!)

You can use this thread to post what you may bring and/or what you
may be looking for from others planning to attend!!

Bernie

This trip we will be bringing Angels, Salley Boggs Koi and several other strains hopefully will be ready by then. We'll have several strains of Cichlids available, inlcuding many F1 fry...if Dino and Jason don't buy them all this weekend! No matter, we will be there and have plenty of fish available.

Hope everyone makes it this trip. So far I know we have people coming in from Ark and Ohio and I believe Kelly is planning on making it so that's vir. also. Think this one will be the best so far, each has been better than the last so lets make this one great!

Jake

The Store is located in East Tenn; about half way between Chattanooga and
Knoxville!! We're right on U.S. Hwy 27 which inter-connects with either Interstate
40 or 75 nicely not far from us!

We basically open ALL DAY from very early until the last ones leave!!
Folks can call me toll-free for more info on directions,etc. (1-888-411-7913)
or post here for info and participation.

Bernie

I'll definately be there, weather permitting. :D

Not sure what I will have available as far as fish. Probably just rock kribs and Juli regani.

Bryan

Great, Bryan....

Look forward to having you visit!!

I heard you did pretty good with those Rock Kribs!! :D

Are you hunting for anything you want me to try to get in??

Bernie

I'll put up a listing of what we have available once Dino leaves tomorrow! No telling what I'll have left, but there will be plenty I'm sure.

Jake

Well,
I am an 8 hour drive from there, but since I just went on a 5 hour drive each way with my husband to pick up an ambulance/hearse (it looks like something in Ghostbusters!, I might be able to swing it! Bernie, are there any places to stay around there? What's the closest airport?

OMG.... We have the "gunslinging" prob officer from Fla here, too!!! 8O :D

Are you serious??... You may make it up here??? Super cool, if you could!!

Places to stay: Nice Best Western in Dayton (6mi away from store)...there are
others ( a couple private small motels and a Days Inn, too)

Airports: There's a local small private airport in Dayton that Dino uses occasionally
when he can't find his way back home??? Or nearest major is Chattanooga (45min
south... Knoxville 60min north)

Keep us posted!!

Bernie

Hey, gunnie!!!

After posting that last one...it got me to thinking!!

It doesn't "look" very good ......... here you are a Prob Officer, in the "gun business" also, and driving a ambulance/hearse???!!!! :roll: :roll:

I know you " ' Noles" have a diff sense of "justice" down there, but ..Really!!??

Bernie

Now, now Bernie, us Seminoles are under control! It's kinda like Dino has the saucer, and hubby has the hearse, see the comparison? :wink: It is kind of funny though to see a hearse parked in front of a gun shop! This is the 2nd hearse he's gotten in the last month. A couple of weeks ago, we took a two hour trip to get the first one, and it had an antique casket in it! Boy is Holloween going to be fun this year! :lol: Trust me though, we're just normal people :mrgreen:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA

What's the date? I'll try and come up again. Maybe I'll bring the family this time.

By the way, Bernie, I was a little off this year, but I scored a 45 out of 48 at the pistol range this year. Me and hubby can provide your security this year. Just look for the bouncers with the hearse! :lol:

Davoz....its JAN 31 (Sat)!! Hope you can bring 'em all!! Love to meet the family!!

and Gunnie..... You've got a deal there....!! Cause I had to fire the last bunch
last night. They let Voodoo thru the perimeter without even checking his ID or
anything. Voodoo said most of them were on a Cheetos & Choc milk break??

I'd say the "hearse" may make many of my "problem" cases think twice anyway!!
You could shoot us some raccons, too; as we're collecting "coonskin" caps now!!

Looking forward to it!!

Bernie

Excellent!!

Hope you both get to make it, fishfreek!!

Keep us posted, so we can train our "coon dogs" to recognize you Virginians!! :lol:

Actually, I think there's another one or two that come down from Virginia way,too .

Bernie

All right guys and gals, here's a partial list of what we have available to bring to the Gathering:

Yellow Labs - 10 @ 1"
N. Venustus - 50+ @ 1"+ F1
P. Socolofi - 20 @ 1"
Hap. Hippo Point Salmon - 30 @ 1" F1
A. Jacobfriebergi "Mamalea" 7 @ 1.5" F1
A. Stuartgranti Ngara Flametail - 4 @2.5"+ all males all coloring
N. Multifasciatus - F1 few available
Astatatilapia Latifasciata - 2"+ F1 Quad available

Gold Marble Ghost Angels - 2 - silver dollar body size, standards
Gold Marble - 1 - Silver dollar body size, Super veil combtail

Not sure if we will have any other Angels ready by the Gathering. Still having problems with our water and the freeswimmers living past two weeks. Hopefully now that they have finished our water mains things will get back to normal soon on the Angels.

We are open to trades on any of the fish above. We are looking for female P. Polits, 2"+; Albino Bristlenose Plecos; P. Nyeeri (Victorian); and ???? Open to ideas and what people have available. Also will consider equipment in trade?

Thanks

Jake and Carol

Back
Top Bottom