GCCA Swap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCommunityCichlid

Aquarium Advice Addict
Any members here attending the Greater Chicago Cichlid swap on Sunday? If so what are you looking for/picking up? I know I am getting a female panduro for my male since my last when spawned and jumped.

While they are fun with the exception that no one seems to wear deodorant any longer. I just don't find anything that interest me any anymore, except for Jeff's cichlids and driftwood. Otherwise it's table after table of frickin' africans. But with that said I usually make nearly everyone, I just go later to avoid the rush and the smells!

We should all meet for breakfast one day before the swap.

While they are fun with the exception that no one seems to wear deodorant any longer. I just don't find anything that interest me any anymore, except for Jeff's cichlids and driftwood. Otherwise it's table after table of frickin' africans. But with that said I usually make nearly everyone, I just go later to avoid the rush and the smells! We should all meet for breakfast one day before the swap.

I agree, they need to rent out a larger space. Way to many people and yes it does have a bo smell lol. The Scott smith all animal expo is at the dupage county fairgrounds. It's barely farther west and is a lot bigger with multiple indoor buildings.

The last banquet hall they used was far bigger but obviously far more expensive, the move was based soley a fianancial one.

Right the fairgrounds I would think would be cheaper. I know to have a table at the swap there it's only $20 and $5 entrance fee. Also the main building is a indoor rubber tennis court that won't hurt if some water gets on it.

It's about 1 hour, 15 minutes to get there for me since it takes so long to get down 12. Ugh. I'd like to go just for something to do and I'd just do the $10 pass for the floor and exhibits, etc. I don't need to sit in on seminars. So, we'll see. Battling an illness right now, so not sure if I'll make it. Interesting to see from those who attend how it was. I'll let you know how it was if I make it there.

I'm also a new world guy but I don't have any dwarfs :)

Don't get me wrong I like Africans but table after table of over priced peacocks gets a little annoying. There was quite a bit of apistogramma cacatuoides there and some others but overall weak new worlds including dwarfs. I didn't see a single mikrogeophagus ramirezi there

I'm planning to go on Saturday since I'm only 10 minutes away.

I'm going to Aquatic Experience, too. But mostly because my 5yo read the page faster than I did and begged to enter the kid's tank contest. Which is why I'm going to the GCCA swap - to pick up more plants to help his tank design. Things snowball, don't they? :)

I'm going to Aquatic Experience, too. But mostly because my 5yo read the page faster than I did and begged to enter the kid's tank contest. Which is why I'm going to the GCCA swap - to pick up more plants to help his tank design. Things snowball, don't they? :)

Dang kids lol, but yes the snowball effect is a common occurrence for me

Back
Top Bottom