10 gallon stocking help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KhloeM

Aquarium Advice Activist
hi! :) okay, so i'm posting another thing here just to ask what everyone's ideas are for an empty (well, soon to be empty) 10 gallon tank. there are a few fish i do not want in there. here are the fish i DON'T want to keep, mostly due to experience:
•livebearers
•tetras
•gouramis

some fish i was considering were pea/dwarf puffers (just a pair or maybe three) or a betta sorority. im really not liking the pea puffer idea anymore because (i know it's dumb) im not too keen on feeding them live snails and that sort of thing. also, i feel as. if i'd somehow mess it up because some people said they're not hardy!
i have a reasonable amount of experience with bettas, and they are my all time favorite fish. now before everyone criticizes the sorority, hear me out ;) plentyy of people that i know keep 10 gallon sororities that are super peaceful and awesome! i know that they are not easy, but i'm willing to take on the challenge. i would have a sand substrate with a ton of plants and a ton of hiding places. i would just really really love to have a sorority, but if it doesn't work i can always divide my 10 gallon four times so that each betta could have 2.5 gallons!
anyways, are there any other suggestions on fish that would be really cool in my 10 gallon? pleease don't suggest anything that i listed above as fish i don't want. :) what i'm really looking for are a few fish that are really cool and unique (like bettas) that are able to fit in my tank comfortably, but also aren't super tiny. also, if you could pick fish that are easy-moderate care level, that'd be great. thanks!!

Butterfly betta! Or an all white betta. These are my next bettas that I want.

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

Butterfly betta! Or an all white betta. These are my next bettas that I want.

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

thanks for the reply! i should've mentioned, i'm not sure about getting simply another male betta, because i would just put one of the bettas i have now into the ten gallon if i did that. :) ugh, i'm terrible at making decisions! now i'm debating between doing the sorority or dividing my 10 gallon into two parts and getting two more bettas..... hmm! ;)

I've never had a sorority but females can actually be very beautiful

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

Scarlet badis. Given the proper diet and making sure they get food is really the hardest part to then. They are quite shy :)

*DONT QUOTE ME ON THIS* I saw on live aquaria a fish I've been researching for a bit but it recommended them for a minimum of 10 gallons. Threadfin Rainbowfish. They max out at 2 inches and are gorgeous fish.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

thanks for all of the help everyone! you know what's funny... i had an awesome "lightbulbish" moment last night! if i made a mesh divider, i could actually get two more male bettas!! i absolutely love them, and i really would love to have two more!
there's this one betta at my lfs that i've had my eye on for a while now. he's nothing special, i believe he's a blueish greenish reddish veiltail... for some reason, though, i've had my eye on him every time i go in there! i don't know what it is about him, but i really like him! hopefully by summer he's still not sold. :( i have a few mollies in my tank right now, but i'm not sure if my fish store will take them back. (it's a long story why i'm not keeping them, we'll leave it at that) :)

Back
Top Bottom