10 gallon Tank Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rubes

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've decided that the Scarlet Badis I was planning for might not do well after all. This will have RCS and this is to be a self sustaining tank which means no water changes or feeding the fish. The plants will serve as filtration. The RCS is to serve as food for the fish. I already have plans for a 6.3 shrimp tank to keep a shrimp colony in case the colony in the ten gallon is almost gone. I'll be using the Walstad Method to help me make the self sustaining tank. All I need is another species put into the tank that will eat the shrimp and or the shrimplets. They have plants to graze on as well.

So, are you asking for different fish suggestions? If so, I recommend Celestial Pearl Danios, Pygmy Sunfish, Sparkling gourami, endlers and maybe a small school of chili rasboras. I personally would do a couple sparkling gouramis and a school of chili rasboras. How come you don't go for the Scarlets? Nice fish and aren't that demanding other than their diet, which should be taken care of by the shrimp lets.

CPDs, Endlers, and small rasboras will eat shrimplets but not adults. Sparkling gouramis will definitely eat shrimp!

Will you be running a heater? My no tech tank averages 71.5°-a bit lower in winter-which is why I went with least killifish.

My room is always above at least 74 with the ac on but that skyrockets to 80 above without the ac. I was researching the badis and was afraid with their picky nature, they might have starved and I don't want to subject any fish to that if I do not have the food for them.

maybe some danios as a first fish in the 10 gallon tank, but always the possibility of evrglade pygmy sunfish,,, they are quite intresting but picky.... i love dwarf flame gouramis that would work, but to eat shrimp? ive seen some madtom catfish demolish shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom