10 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubblewrap

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I upgraded Hedwig the betta fish and Gary the snail from a 5-gallon tank to a 10-gallon tank. I've added some plants but want to add more when I get more money. I like the amazon sword plants. I want a few more of those. I want a big plant for the back corners but don't know what to do any suggestions? There are also 7 ghost shrimp now living with them.

Attachments

• 10 gallon tank.jpg
    10 gallon tank.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 27
Let the plants grow out before getting more. The amazon sword will grow, and completely take over a 10 gallon tank for instance. You will probably end up removing that one.

Give it a go. If your light isnt too good, it may not grow fully. If you aggressively remove leafs as they get to the top of the tank you might be able to keep ahead of the plants growth and prevent it taking over the tank.

In my 200 litre/ 50 gallon, new leafs on my amazon sword grow to 18 inches long in the space of 2 or 3 months and i probably remove 10 to 15 leafs every couple of months to stop it overgrowing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom