100 gallon tank hood??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anotheroption

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone I am new to this forum but im glad i found it because i need help. Just recently i receved a 100 gallon tank from a friend w/ everything including filter. now i am looking for a hood w/ lighting fixtures i am on a budget and dont have a lot of money nor do i want to spend alot. Looks of the hood it self dont matter to me much i just want to be able to enjoy viewing my fish. if anyone knows where i can find a hood/light fixture for a 100 gallon tank that i was told was a Dell? not sure wat this means. but the dimensions are 60" long by 18.5" wide. thanks alot for any help

thanks for the help but those hoods aren't wide enough my tank is 18" wide those are made for ALL-glass aquariums which are like 12" wide i beleive

ohh ok you watn the hood too

you will need a glass top as well
2- 30' glass tops

search on the net for what you need. that will do it fine

That's a good link.

Here's another. Your best bet might be to 1) get glass canopies (simple, folding pieces of glass; pretty inexpensive) to fit the tank top, and then 2) position lighting on top of them. This is how a lot of us make our "hoods." It's not as elegant as a nice large oak canopy with a ballast kit that attaches the lights to the inside of it, but it's economical, and fairly easy to deal with.

Here are some Perfecto glass canopies: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produ...lpartial&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Np=1&N=2004

Here are the all-glass "versa-tops" (same thing):
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produ...lpartial&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Np=1&N=2004

You'll want to get the ones that fit to the middle beam in your tank (2 30" wide All-Glass tops is prob. the best), and that don't extend all the way back to the back of the tank, so that the filter, heater, etc. has room.

So, the conclusion of this:

I def. recommend 2X the 30" All-Glass Canopies ($15X2=$30) and either a 48" light, or 2 30" lights (see first link from MHaynes).

HTH

one more question if someone could help me out. with those glass tops do you need to have the ALL-Glass tops with the part that sticks out that the glass tops would sit on. because i do not have this on my tank and i am wondering if they can just sit on top? thanks so much

Back
Top Bottom