125 gallon tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jnthn932

Aquarium Advice Freak
Not really asking for advice or anything, just wanted to get some ideas on how to finish the tank! Here's a pic :)

Attachments

• image-1229401736.jpg
    image-1229401736.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 186
looks great. i feel like it needs something small in the gaps on the left and right of the DW. nothing huge though...sidenote are those live plants?

Some of them are. I know! I'm having a really hard time finding something that would work. I was thinking plants?

Makes some caves with slates where the gaps are, I think that would give it a nice touch up

Move the wood off-center to one side, add some rocks to break up the open areas.
Here's a pic of my 125:
img_1608830_0_952f7b1718a981efdfd612ee339327e3.jpg

That's a good looking tank! I've never thought of using for anything other than a cichlid tank. Looks good though. Slate won't affect the ph?

Slate won't affect pH at all. I put some big pieces of malaysian and Mopani wood in my tank, and several large chunks of coral to buffer the pH. Took a few months and loads of carbon for the wood to stop turning the water dark. Stock is 3 red and 1 green severum, 5 silver dollars almost as big as the severums, 9 Colombian and 10 white (black) tetras, 8-9 kubotai botia's, about the same number of BN pleco's, a single Synodontis eupterus, a Macana zebra knife fish, and 4 recently added electric yellow Lab's. Pretty peaceful tank for the most part, though I'm keeping an eye on the green severum as it grows larger. The 3 reds (1m/2f, lost the other male last year) are bigger/older, and 2 seem to be more-or-less paired up but haven't spawned yet.
All the plants are plastic, the severums and silver dollars eat anything real. I occasionally toss in excess Salvinia and duckweed from other tanks.

Back
Top Bottom