2 Tank Build Possibilities, opinions pls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chronos313

Aquarium Advice Addict
i just did 2 tank builds using AQadvisor. these are the builds. please opinions would be greatly appreciated.

10 Gallon Design w/ Aqueon Quietflow 10

9 Panda Tetra
8 Celestial Pearl Danio
3 Ble Pearl Shrimp
3 Cherry Shrimp
3 Crystal Red Shrimp

20 Gallon Design w/ Aquaclear 50

5 Leopard Danio
5 Spotted Blue Eye
5 Emperor Tetra
5 Harlequin Raspbora
3 Ninja Shrimp
4 Panda Cory
5 Endler
2 Mystery Snail( Blue and Purple )

According to aqadvisor they are both under 100% stocking and have more then 120% filtration

Chronos313 said:
According to aqadvisor they are both under 100% stocking and have more then 120% filtration

The aquaadvisor doesn't take into account temperament or need for swimming room.

I would have to agree with them being overstocked. You should generally overfilter but that doesn't make it ok to overcrowd the fish. I would trim the numbers of the schools in the 10 to about 6 each and probably cut a school out of the 20 altogether

If you lessened the schools of both fish in the ten gallon it might work but even I'm not sure.
Twenty gallons is too small for emperor tetras IMO and if it's danios it should at least be a twenty long so they have enough swim room.
Just as a note, AqAdvisor is good for entertainment, but that's about it. It's fun to play with but nothing but a very rough ballpark estimate.

bruinsbro1997 said:
Just as a note, AqAdvisor is good for entertainment, but that's about it. It's fun to play with but nothing but a very rough ballpark estimate.

Totally true! It told me that a mango pleco could reach 14 inches and out grow a 90g tank. I've researched them on several sights and never heard of one bigger than 10-11 inches and generally they stay around 8

Back
Top Bottom