20 Gallon Hexagon Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquabeast

Aquarium Advice FINatic
:DI have a 20 gallon Hex shaped tank in my basement, and i was wondering if and when i could set it up again, which fish i could put in there. the tanks kinda tall, so i think thats a factor, because there not a lot of surface space, just depth. thanks.

I have always heard hexagon tanks aren't good for fish! If you do put it up though i think a betta or maybe an angelfish would do ok... those were the only 2 fish i had kept in my little hexagon tank!

Hexagon tanks are very nice to look at but there is not a big footprint but if you keep the stock right to fit the tank it can be rewarding , take into consideration that it is very deep without alot of surface area for gas exchange so a air pump is a good idea. Also there are more seams so there is a greater chance of leaking over time.

Their footprint is basically the equivalent of a 10 gallon rectangular tank. If it were in my basement, I'd freecycle it and get myself a "real" tank. ;)

Its actually my backup for my 55 gallon planted discus tank just in case a disaster happens, but its been 3 years now, and nothing there yet. I was thinking a taller fish would do well in a tall tank. i was thinking since its a 20, maybe just an angelfish, and maybe a school of about 5 rasboras?? if theyre not too nippy. To set it up, id need to buy a new canister filter and a heater, since i sold the stuff that i had for it. B ut, this just might be a new tank build :)

Back
Top Bottom