20 Gallon High & 20 Gallon Long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pelphrey

Aquarium Advice Regular
I picked up a 20 gallon high this past weekend with a 5-15 aqua tech filter and a 20-40 aqua tech filter, 100 watt eheim heater, cree 60 watt blue/white LED light, wave maker and digital thermometer. Basically I bought the light and everything else was free! I know the filters aren't the best. I've bought new filter cartridges for the filters. I plan to build my own tank stand and add a 20 long.

My question is. One if not both will be planted. I plan to take the kribs out of my community tank and place them in 1 of the 20's. And I also plan to do shrimp in one. Which species should I put in either tank (They won't be together).

I planned to put the 20 high on top and use 2 2x4's as posts and add a bar to hang the light. Then use hangers for the bottom tank. Or should I place the 20 long on top? I guess its actually my preference, I just wanted to hear others opinions.

Thanks!

I would do the kribs in the high and the shrimp in the long.

My shrimp tanks are both long tanks, one is a 20 and the other a 33. It looks so sweet with the shrimp swimming the length.

If you want any tankmates for the Keibs do them in the long if not the high will do just fine.

Back
Top Bottom