2500 gallon fish tank, fish lists anyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WhiteAngel

Aquarium Advice Regular
If you want to go on about the size of the tank, go to the post below "It is INSANE".

Now I am seriously interested in fish lists by anyone
-----------------
The tank is quite similar to 3' tall, by 6' wide, and about 18 - 22' long.
-----------------

Any fish lists, I'd love.

Thanks in advance.

3000 neon tetras. I'm not kidding. As much fun as it would be to see tanks full of LARGE fish, it would be incredibly awesome to see LARGE schools of small fish.

4000 neons tetras.
1000 beuros aires tetras
A few hundred mollies.
Thousands of otos and cories
The Clown Loach Army of Doom and Destruction.

It would be so sweet.

If I owned that 2500 gallon tank I would convert it to marine and put a smaller shark in it (something that stays at around 3-4 feet max). Having one of the most efficient predators in the world down in the basement would probably make him a more popular guy than the local zoo...

For the 400 and 600 gallon tanks I could see bala sharks, arowanas, black ghost knife or clown knife fish, freshwater stingrays, pacus, shovelnose catfish, or maybe a group of very large cichlids.

With 2500 I would do a south american biotope.

Pacus
Pl*cos

Basicly any fish that grows to large for normal aquariums. :)

A tank like that could actually support my dream marine...a reef community big enough to support an octopus adequately!
Wow! My grandfather's was like that except deeper than wide.
He had liverock I am sure...and anenomes, starfish, weird snails and slugs and crustaceans. Sponges, pretty clams and then the fish..
he had one ocotopus... and one moray eel (I would think he small beautiful eels like fairy morays would be nice..)
He had damsels? all kind of tangs and parrot looking fish (trigerfish?)
And reef dwellers like clownfish. Siiigh! It was wonderful.

For the other tanks..he can keep stuff most people wish they could.
he could actually keep lungfish and arrowana and bichirs in true comfort. The big tank he could even try breeding those beasties!!(need a wire lid on top ^_^ or one of those rollout breathable hot tub covers)

I would use one of those" little " tanks to set up a killer biotope for just tons! of colorful FW schooling fish like cardinals and neon tetras like suggested earlier. That would look sooo cool!
Or keep a really sensitive and rare species because the water volume alone ensures the quality some weird thing needs!
Maybe he should contact some kind of species maintainence program and get something really weird. :)

That's my cent and a half; the possibilities are bogglin! Now to go ponder aimlessly in the INSANE thread

OMG!!!!!!

THATS SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH ferret, I love the 3000 neons and cories dea!!!!!! Thats cool, but VERY expensive like $3000($1 per neon) plus $2000 or $4000 for cories.

Or maybe angels

or puffers

or an ELEPHANTNOSE (the absolute cutest)

or discus

or oscars

or A MASSIVE CICHLID ARMY!!!!!!

or a whale, lol

freshwater rays or eels?

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Thats HUGE! I'd get make it a SW. Put Percs and LR and coral and go crazy on it. Where did you get such a big tank anyway?

This is a site showcasing the building & other details of a 2500 gal indoor koi pond:

http://backyardpuddle.aaquaria.com/photo1.html

Although this isn't a tank strictly speaking, I have also recalled seeing a site where something like that is built & they put in a big "window" on one side, so that should qualify as an aquarium.

Anyway, witha 2500 gal tank, I would put in my favorite FW fish - fancy koi!!

BUt, a close second would be a reef like others had suggested.

<faints> An extremely large amazon biotope with angels, apistos, cories, discus...etc. I'd have about 5 different species of apistos in there, imagine the amount of natural behaviour you'd get from all those fish in such a large setting.

Yeah, this dude's not coming back.

Prob. realized his mistake (It *was* a 250 gallon tank if anything, not a 2500 gallon tank, with those dimensions) and was too embarrassed to write back in and admit it!

Or just moved on.

Or was just trying to get a rise out of us. Which he most certainly did!!!!!!!! Sigh, I've always dreamed about such a thing... Swimming time with the fishes, etc. Sigh, sigh, sigh, sigh...

A young lady started this thread in both SW and FW asking Qs for her friend. Regardless of the size of the tank and everything else, rude things were said in the SW section and she stopped visiting this site.

Back
Top Bottom