29 gallon fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

InxayonFinland

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was wondering if it would be alright to do some freshwater angels in a 29 gallon tank. If so, how many could i do?

some angel fish can grow to be 6 in long! So if you follow the 1 in of fish per gallon of water you could do about 5. Although I would do 4 and add a few bottom feeders and a pair of otos to keep your tank clean.

A pair of angels works well in 29 gallons. Start with 4 or 5 small ones and two of them should pair off for you. Take the others back for credit or do what I am going to do and get another tank. Two of mine look they are ready to lays eggs tonight, so now I have to get the new tank going quickly before they hurt the unpaired ones.

I agree with Rich. I wouldn't add any more than a pair in a 29 gallon. This gives your fish plenty of space. You may be able to add a small schooling fish as well, and a few bottom feeders.

Will the angels ( 2 ) become aggresive, even if i have enough swimming space and rocks and driftwood, towards a small school (5) of golden white clouds and two cory cats? Because I want to have angels but i also want to have some white clouds and i was thinking if it wasn't to big of a school like five again, i could add it some turquoise danios.

If this is to much fish for the tank, i was wondering if i could do: 7 golden white clouds, 2 cory cats, 5 turqoise danios, and a Boesemani Rainbow as a centerpiece fish.

Incase both of these work, which one do you think i should go with?

THANKS

what I would do is 2 small angels, 5 albino cory cats, 6 white clouds, and a pair of otos. Tank would be a bit crowed but as long as you do your water changes once or twice a week and have a good filter you should be fine.

oooooh. ya i getting one of those for my planted tank.

what about instead of the albino corys, some sterba corys.

they do better in pairs. Make sure you buy them from somewhere that has a 14 day warrenty alot of them are in bad shape when they make it to the fish stores then restressed when put into your tank. If they make it though the first month you ll be good to go. Also before adding these fish make sure your tank is completely cycled.

Back
Top Bottom