29 gallon goldfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, I did an 80% pwc yesterday in my classroom tank (which is still fishless), and my parameters are: ammonia-0, trites-o trates-10, and ph at a whopping 8.4! I tested the tap, and it read 7.6. What could possibly be the deal here? I really want to introduce some fish, but I'm concerned about the ph.

I used play sand in my tank and it raised the pH quite a bit. What do you have for substrate?

I used play sand in my tank and it raised the pH quite a bit. What do you have for substrate?

just gravel.

I just checked my home tank and the nitrates are 20. It's really strange that you wait what seems like soooo long when you're in the middle of cycling to see even a trace of nitrate. Now I dread testing because of my nitrate levels:banghead:

Probably not a wise decision, but I bought another angel. This one is a little older and a little larger. I hope he/she makes it.

You want your nitrates to be 20 or below..... a reading of 20 is not a bad thing at all.

Back
Top Bottom