29 gallon thread/journal!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allaboutfish

Aquarium Advice Addict
so the stocking right now is (and i dont know if i wanna do this or not so opinions on different stockings will be appreciated but the corys stay).
8-male guppies,
1-bolivian or german blue ram,
1-dwarf gourami,
1-bristlenose pleco,
6-ghost shrimp,
8-juli corys.
i have a tetra 30-60 filter and a tetra 30-60 heater.
im gonna go with a natural setup with pfs and rocks. gonna go with live plants, but low light. i've got some mopani wood soaking that will go in there. currently it is a turtle tank bc i found two turtles last week and wanted to take them to my stepdads pond. im getting a wood stand made looks pretty good it'll fit my 29 gallon and my future 5 gallon on top and my 10 on the bottom. tell me what you think and any advice! oh and im gonna start fishless cycling when i remove the turtles.

i really want cichlids if you can make a good setup with them (i can get bolivian, kribensis, and german blues and alot of bigger varieties)

I think your stock list looks great. You could add a school of some type of tetra in there as well if you would like :)

Honestly I couldn't care less what aqadvisor says lol. Any tank I've ever thought was perfectly stocked it has said was under or over. As far as room for everyone goes, you gotta figure you have the guppies and gourami up top mostly, a ram will hang mostly mid-bottom, and juliis generally stay pretty close to the bottom. So IMO if there's room anywhere, it's in the mid section. I would just go with something mellow that won't stress the ram like neons or glowlights. I have no experience with that paticular filter, but if you're worried about filtration adding a second filter is always a good idea :) I find what often works great in a 29 is 2 centerpeice fish, a top schooler, a mid schooler, and a bottom dweller. That what you would have if you added tetras. However there is certainly nothing wrong with leaving it the way you have it! Just ideas ;)

what are some more colorful tetras? i already will have neons in my 10 with my betta so want something different.

something easy to find (dont have many fish stores and nobody with a credit card is gonna let me buy online :( )

i like long fin serpae tetras, rio flame tetras, red phantom tetras, buenos aires tetras, bloodfin tetras, bleeding heart tetras,and white finned rosy tetras (pretty much wanna red fish)

i like long fin serpae tetras, rio flame tetras, red phantom tetras, buenos aires tetras, bloodfin tetras, bleeding heart tetras,and white finned rosy tetras (pretty much wanna red fish)

I would skip anything that exceeds 2.5" max, is commonly nippy, or is super active. The tetras and ram will hang in the same area so I would try to choose a mellow tetra. Glowlights would be my pick.

i might just stay with the current stocking.. i really dont like how the glowlight tetras are pale

Oh? Mine are really fluorescent and beautiful. But I'm not saying none in your list above would work..I wouldn't do the serpaes because they are so often nippy, or the beunos aires/bleeding hearts because they get too big. Not sure about the others I would just research them a bit as far as their size and temperment. The white finned rosy tetras would probably be a good choice. Or your current stocking is a good choice as well. You can always start there and then once it's stocked decide if you want to add :)

That's gonna be a beautiful tank...so much color! I keep a group of male guppies and they are really impressive..a rainbow of colors. I would add the guppies slowly, because if you're like me, every time you go in the lfs you'll see a new cool one you want to add! So don't jump the gun and get average ones. My lfs and I joke about my "elite guppy" tank lol.

haha.. yea my favorite are the cobras how should i introduce all of these in know im introducing my 3 juli corys in my 10 first

I know right, I'm obsessed with them. I'm on the hunt for a purple cobra. Well that's perfect, then you can use your 10 gal to QT the fish coming in. After cycle is complete, do one group at a time, after having them in QT for 2 weeks (for the guppies start with atleast 3 and then you can add them here and there as you want). Do the centerpeice fish, which are also the most sensitive fish, last.

stand:
5691852398_79d02276aa.jpg

driftwood:
5694901334_059dbe901c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom