29 gallon vs. 30 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kmny34

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What's the difference between a 29 gallon regular tank and a 30 gallon regular tank? Besides the 1 gallon difference!

The reason I ask is because, I was originally going to get a 29 gallon, but bought a 30 gallon today! I'm going to cycle it and then plan on stocking it with:

7 electric green glow tetras
6 Cory's
1 honey dwarf gourami
1 bolivian ram
10 ghost shrimp (I know the fish will eat them)

Is this a good stock for my 30 gallon? Is it to much or could I get more?

The reason I ask is because, I was originally going to get a 29 gallon, but bought a 30 gallon today! I'm going to cycle it and then plan on stocking it with:

6 Cory's
1 honey dwarf gourami
1 bolivian ram

You'll be fine you could maybe do a little more.

6 Cory's
1 honey dwarf gourami
1 bolivian ram

You could add another school or two depending on the size of the fish.

My mom has a Dwarf Flame Gourami and a Gold Gourami in her tank and they've gotten along well. Will it work in every tank? Maybe, maybe not.

I have a gold, olpaline, dwarf honey, powdered blue, long fine platinum, they All are fine goin on 3 months

My mom has a Dwarf Flame Gourami and a Gold Gourami in her tank and they've gotten along well. Will it work in every tank? Maybe, maybe not.

If she has a large tank with lots of plants and decor, then yes, it could work. I personally wouldn't risk it in a 30 gallon.

I have a gold, olpaline, dwarf honey, powdered blue, long fine platinum, they All are fine goin on 3 months

What size tank? They might be getting along because of over crowding. They can't make territories if there are too many fish in the tank. Could also be young, too.

I think I'm gonna just stick with one of the two gouramis! Either honey or gold gourami. Not one of each.

Yup. Heavy plants and young, overcrowding is semi nice if its not to much, I have other tanks they divide off into since they can exceed 5 inch some,

Back
Top Bottom