3.5g tank suggestions needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeni_shirlaw

Aquarium Advice Newbie
heya, i have this 3.5 gallon tank that has been cycled but does not actually house anything at the moment because i'm not sure which kinds of fish will do well in a tank that small... i was thinking maybe a male betta and a couple of ghost shrimp? hmmm, i'm not sure :?

Also, my mum is in love with neon dwarf gouramis, do you think just one would be comfortable in that tank?

Argh i'm so stuck haha.. any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Hi-

First off, how did you cycle the tank if there was no bioload? Did you do
a fishless cycle?

I tend to agree with your suggestion of a single male betta and a few ghost shrimps. The gouramis would be unhappy in such a tiny aquarium,

Gonna agree with astroguy. The only fish I would attempt to put in a tank that small is a betta. There has been a lot of discussion as to whether or not it is actually cruel to keep any fish in a small space. Personally, I'd be okay with a betta in a 3.5 gallon tank, as long as it is well-maintained. I think there is a really good post about it in the general discussion forum, posted in the last week or so. I'd suggest you read it and you can make up your own mind.

You might also consider some White Clouds (Tanichthys albonubes) for a 3.5 gallon tank. A trio of them would get along in there famously.

Back
Top Bottom