30 gallon tank stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joemomma456

Aquarium Advice Activist
i was thinking of buying a 30 gallon as an upgrade from my 10 gallon and i just wanted some ideas on what i would put in it

What do you have in your 10g that is being moved into the 30? The compatibility with your existing fish will affect the types you can get.
In my planted 36g I have:
1 angelfish
8 dwarf neon rainbows
8 panda corys
1 SAE

I love classic community tanks

Black Skirt Tetra (x3)
Neon Tetra (x6)
Dwarf Gourami (x3)
Panda Corydora (x4)

If you do this, I would alter it a little bit. I think it would be better if you raised the number of black skirts to 6, since they are schooling fish. And lower the number of dwarf gouramis to 1, since pet stores usually only sell males and they can be aggressive with each other. Also it wouldn't hurt to raise the number of panda corys to 6 also since they are very social and enjoy being in larger groups.

If you do this, I would alter it a little bit. I think it would be better if you raised the number of black skirts to 6, since they are schooling fish. And lower the number of dwarf gouramis to 1, since pet stores usually only sell males and they can be aggressive with each other. Also it wouldn't hurt to raise the number of panda corys to 6 also since they are very social and enjoy being in larger groups.

what do u think i could put in instead of the gourmi
:fish2:

If you didn't do any gouramis at all?
You could maybe do an angel, although I personally have never kept them with black skirts.

I think a species tank with all male guppies would look nice

Would be nice but they can turn on each other in a heartbeat I had a 40B with 20 males and in 4 months it was down to 5 due to them attacking each other. They where only fish in the tank others where snails.

If you didn't do any gouramis at all?
You could maybe do an angel, although I personally have never kept them with black skirts.

Black skirts are jackal and hydes I have learned I had 6 in a 50 with angels and they loved attacking my pearl scale high fin and my pit Pleco. So I rehomed them.

Back
Top Bottom