36 gallon stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
Angels? Rams? other cichlids? gouramis? lol i have no idea what species I can put in a 36 gallon. please list some species, and say whether or not and how many (if yes) i could add. My mom is (seriously) considering letting me get a 36 gallon!!!

maxwellag said:
Angels? Rams? other cichlids? gouramis? lol i have no idea what species I can put in a 36 gallon. please list some species, and say whether or not and how many (if yes) i could add. My mom is (seriously) considering letting me get a 36 gallon!!!

Yes, yes, yes and yes! All those could go in there(not all together though! Some dwarf cichlids would be good in there for some "other cichlids". Also with all of those you could get 1-3 schools (including cories). It all really depends on what you like! But I would recommend cories, any type would be great in there! Plus they're amazing IMO.

Yes, yes, yes and yes! All those could go in there(not all together though! Some dwarf cichlids would be good in there for some "other cichlids". Also with all of those you could get 1-3 schools (including cories). It all really depends on what you like! But I would recommend cories, any type would be great in there! Plus they're amazing IMO.
LOL yay! so many options! im literally smiling and i cant stop! how many angels could i have in there, and any other fish with the angels??

2 max. Maybe some cories at the bottom, but that's pushing it because if they pair up they could get mean quick! Another option instead of cories are brittlenose plecos. They're pretty sweet looking IMO, not that I've had one though...

Yep, only 2 angels. But then you have to be really careful what else you put with them. Corys would be fine plus a school of tetra either spade shaped or over 2 inches.

ok, then I think I won't go with angels, because I'd rather be able to put more fish in... how many pairs of rams could i put in, and are there any other cichlids i can put in there?

ok, then I think I won't go with angels, because I'd rather be able to put more fish in... how many pairs of rams could i put in, and are there any other cichlids i can put in there?
The only cichlids I know of that could go in there are dwarfs are small species. Rams, apistos, keyholes, golden dwarf. The majority of cichlids need a cichlids only tank and are not good community residents.

How many pairs of rams could I put in? And what are the other species of dwarf cichlid?

How many pairs of rams could I put in? And what are the other species of dwarf cichlid?
Rams, apistos, dwarf golden. Keyholes are small, but not actually dwarves.
In a 36 gallon, you could PROBABLY do 2 pairs of rams as long as you give them lots of caves to choose from and limit the number of other bottom dwellers. I mean, you can still get corys or whatever, just keep the numbers down a bit so it doesn't get too crowded down there.
I would do only one pair of the other varieties.

bruinsbro1997 said:
Just on the cichlid subject:

If you can find them, African Dwarf butterflies are just as good as the others mentioned.

I will check them out!

Back
Top Bottom