37 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

josh7

Aquarium Advice Addict
The dimensions are 30x12x22 I have a top fin 40 power filter on it to. This one is for my moms birthday and she wants a all angelfish tank with a few bottom dwellers like Cory cats or kuhli loaches. I was looking at the final stocking to be 5 angelfish, 8 Cory cats or kuhli loaches does that sound alright.

Also do kuhli loaches and Cory cats require sand or is smooth gravel okay.

The dimensions are 30x12x22 I have a top fin 40 power filter on it to. This one is for my moms birthday and she wants a all angelfish tank with a few bottom dwellers like Cory cats or kuhli loaches. I was looking at the final stocking to be 5 angelfish, 8 Cory cats or kuhli loaches does that sound alright.

Also do kuhli loaches and Cory cats require sand or is smooth gravel okay.

From what I was told, the Khuli's will do fine with gravel if you provide enough hiding places for them. You'll also want a handfull of them or you might not see them too often.

Oy sorry for late response I have no experience with sand do you just vacuum it the same as gravel and how do you clean it before putting in tank also does it plug up filters.

I have a tank with sand, and it mucks up my penguin 200 filter like you would not believe, I have to clean the intake and impeller almost daily. But, my corys love it lol.

Bobishu said:
I have a tank with sand, and it mucks up my penguin 200 filter like you would not believe, I have to clean the intake and impeller almost daily. But, my corys love it lol.

I have a sponge covering my intake. No issues with my filter. Is your intake too close to the bottom ?

So for a final stocking could I do 5 angelfish, and 8 kuhli loachs I am thinking also lots of live plants and not sure if I'm gonna do black sand or smooth gravel yet.

Coursair said:
I have a sponge covering my intake. No issues with my filter. Is your intake too close to the bottom ?

I thought it might have been to close at first to, so I set it up in the middle, same problem, ill give the sponge a shot though.

josh7 said:
So for a final stocking could I do 5 angelfish, and 8 kuhli loachs I am thinking also lots of live plants and not sure if I'm gonna do black sand or smooth gravel yet.

Angels get big and may pair up or get territorial as they mature. Expect to remove some. Sight breaks and plants to hide in is good, but 5 sounds like a lot to me.

Well could I try this until they pair up and when they just remove others or would a smaller number be better.

Back
Top Bottom