40 gallon breeder stocking ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

40b

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i just finishes cycling my new tank and really need stocking advice? anybody have a 40 breeder? and what will be good cool fish and bottom feeders for a 40 breeder?

Do you want a community? A few fish? Small? Large? Peaceful? Aggressive? I could list and list and list and list! What are some things that you like? We can give you to tips after that:)

i thought about community and also like larger fish i also want some bottom feeders corys or some shrimp. but mainly want ideas for a community or larger fish hopefully with some idea i can get inspired and make up my mind between community or larger fish:)

I am in the process of setting up a 40B right now!

One of my scenarios is 6-8 Albino Aeneus Cory Cats and an Albino Bristle Nose Pleco (On black sand would look awesome!)

The second scenario for a semi-aggressive tank is a Rainbow Shark and a Bristle Nose Pleco (maybe both Albino?) Then 2 Angles, 2 Rams, and a schooling fish, maybe Rummy Nose Tetras

How about :
3 pearl Gouramis or two german blue rams
10 neon tetra
8 glow light tetra
8 panda Cories
Some shrimp
Snails
Snowball pleco?

There's just a few ideas on what you could do.

Reactions: 40b
i like the idea for the 2 german blue rams!!... and i have white sand in mine i have a friend that has black sand and it look great too! i was also thinking about putting in a peacock eel.

2 golden rams a gold nugget pleco and a school of 10 gold neon tetras then swap out for black diamond blasting sand for $5 ;)

I am in the process of setting up a 40B right now!

One of my scenarios is 6-8 Albino Aeneus Cory Cats and an Albino Bristle Nose Pleco (On black sand would look awesome!)

The second scenario for a semi-aggressive tank is a Rainbow Shark and a Bristle Nose Pleco (maybe both Albino?) Then 2 Angles, 2 Rams, and a schooling fish, maybe Rummy Nose Tetras
i like the second scenario you are going for i might do a similar one with the rainbow sharks and the 2 rams.

Rainbow sharks should only be kept one per tank since they can become aggressive towards eachother and will also bully smaller fish so I wouldn't keep them with the rams since they are already a sensitive fish known to die unexpectedly

Edit* also a 40 would be very small for it

how well would i pictus catfish do in the 40 with other fish? will it eat small fish like tetras ?

Pictus cats will eat anything that fits into their mouths.
Just outa curiosity which pleco would be better for a 40b community? Snowball or goldnugget?

Back
Top Bottom