40g breeder community tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smikey

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all I started a 40g breeder for my 5 year old and he loves it and all is good in the tank. I made the stand myself and scored on the tank as I paid $40 for it from petco on their dollar a gallon sale. I am running a marineland penguin 350 in it. We currently have stocked.......

1 opaline gourami ....female....
3 marble mollys
4 emerald green corys
5 long fin zebra danios
5 golden danios

My question is what other fish would you suggest? I am just interested in adding a couple more. Tank is not planted. Thanks in advance.

ForumRunner_20131028_213649.jpg

ForumRunner_20131028_213705.jpg

Add a bristle nose Pleco of your choice as there are many variations and a school of 5-10 tetras, maybe cardinal tetras, red eye, glowlight, lemon, or black neon just to name some of my favorites for tetras!:)

Both great ideas and I love tetras too but when I use aqadviser it does not recommend mixing tetras with my opaline gourami. Has anyone here done so before without the gourami being aggressive. Mine is female and she is not aggressive to any of my current fish

Just a question...I have been using aqadvisor too for picking my next fish. Is this a legit site? Can I trust the reports it gives me?

Just a question...I have been using aqadvisor too for picking my next fish. Is this a legit site? Can I trust the reports it gives me?

I find it useful. Some people think that it under stocks your tank, but that's better than overstocking. I like that it will let you know about potential problems.

I've heard the same, also found it gave useable results. It did seem a bit more conservative then I expected but I couldn't argue with it. I really liked that you could put in the filter types and tank specs. My fish are all pretty standard community fish though so not sure if that made it easier. From memory it said stocked at 102%, I thought 80% (but I have half grown mollies so knew it was fully stocked) and the old inch per gall. came out about 90% so I was pretty happy it was all in the same ballpark.

Back
Top Bottom