5 gallon betta tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I mean I'm sure there is a variation in temperament like with different dog breeds but when they are all aggressive it's just a matter of how quickly it would destroy other fish and such. Just a guess probably wrong though

Thanks!

It doesn't come with gravel or any decor. You get the tank, the light, the lid, the whisper filter and 1 filter cartridge. It's a decent little tank.

Ok, cool I have a bit of leftover gravel from another tank, but I'll probably need more

I mean I'm sure there is a variation in temperament like with different dog breeds but when they are all aggressive it's just a matter of how quickly it would destroy other fish and such. Just a guess probably wrong though

I thought the same thing about the dogs!

I have heard crowntails can be a bit more aggressive but I've never really seen a difference. I've only had two crowns though. My females do ok with snails and ghost shrimp although I have seen some eating the shrimp. I do have mystery snails with all my bettas and they do fine. I would go for the 5 gal just because it's not much more money and the extra space is always nice. It's cheaper than the 3 gallon in terms of price per gallon.

Yea, hopefully I'll be getting the 5
So are crown tails really more aggression, or just a Myth?

Mine`s a veiltail, and he is like an aquatic pitbull. Ha Guard Fish. (I don`t know why I think that is funny.)

Yea, hopefully I'll be getting the 5
So are crown tails really more aggression, or just a Myth?

I had a crown tail that was meaner than dirt. I also had a half moon (they're my favorites) that was really nice and tolerated everyone. I think it is really all based on personality.

My betta last night made sure I know he isn't gonna have nothing sharing his 5 gal. I got him some ghost shrimp and I woke up to one being dead, without his its tail and a spectacle of him chasing the rest all over the tank, flaring. The most horrible thing I've witnesses in my years in the hobby yet lol. So just a word of warning if you get one like my Orion.

Crowntails do seem to be slightly meaner but I don't think there is any scientific evidence to support that. I have a king betta that has been in a couple different community tanks and he gets along fine with everyone.

I currrently have a male and a female betta living together.But it isn't reccomended because it can go wrong.Occasionally the male betta would flare but that's it.

I think you can get a 10g for $50 at petco that comes with a filter, light, heater and you could have a school o 5-6 pygmy cories with your betta!

I currrently have a male and a female betta living together.But it isn't reccomended because it can go wrong.Occasionally the male betta would flare but that's it.

one day your tank will collapse and one of your bettas will die, it may seem to be working but it won't for much longer.... that's why it SHOULD NOT be done!!!

Agree, its not if it will happen but when.

I second the suggestion of getting the 10g tank. It will give you a lot more options but if money/space is a concern that Marineland tank is pretty nice. Plus it is on sale at petsmart right now for around $30.

Back
Top Bottom